We’ve had countless queries regarding the life of coils, so we took the time to detail a few pointers that can help make your coils last.
Firstly, coils are generally mass produced and results may vary from coil to coil. You may find a coil that lasts weeks or even months and the next coil may only last 2-3 days. This is due mainly to quality control of the manufacturer. It’s a hit and miss, and It’s something we tolerate and are used to as Vapers. Bare this in mind when you purchase coils.
Various e-juices affect coils differently. A general rule is, the darker the juice, the harsher it is on coils. Dessert and tobacco e-juices are particularly harsher on coils while mints, menthols and fruits are kinder to coils.
There’s a method to changing coils that we like to use and believe it helps prolong its life. *Please note this is for a Bottom Coil Clearomizer Tank
- Unscrew the tank and remove the old coil
- Prime new coil by dripping 4-5 drops of ejuice in the coil till you see cotton soaked (soak it, don’t flood it!)
- Insert new coil and screw it in firmly to prevent leakage
- Fill clearomizer with e-juice
- Screw clearomizer back together
- Leave your clearomizer upright for 5 minutes to allow the coil to soak in the e-juice
- Now turn your device wattage/voltage down (we like to start at approx 3.3Volts or 7Watts)
- Screw your tank onto your battery/MOD
- Start vaping! Gradually increase the voltage/wattage every 4-5 puffs until you reach your desired level (this is called ‘breaking in the coil’)
If you notice a dry hit (dry taste, no flavour), close the airflow and take a couple of sharp puffs without firing your button (like you did in step 6 above)
If you have your airflow open to the biggest hole, you may experience more dry hits because there is less vacuum effect happening and therefore less e-juice traveling to the coil.
We hope this helps and makes your vaping journey more pleasant!